The Chicago Fire Foundation is among the entrants in the Newman's Own Holiday Challenge, and now's the perfect time to support the award-winning programming of the Chicago Fire's charitable department.
The Newman's Own Holiday Challenge presents organizations with the opportunity to compete in a series of fundraising challenges, awarding grand-prize sums to top-performing fundraisers along the way.
Participating in the Newman's Own Holiday Challenges can help the Chicago Fire Foundation expand its P.L.A.Y.S. (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) Program in 2018! This free after school soccer program enhances the academic performance of underprivileged youth throughout Chicagoland by developing key social and emotional skills through the sport of soccer. Remember:
- $10 = One soccer ball for a program participant
- $25 = A uniform for one program participant
- $50 = A uniform and all equipment for one program participant
- $200 = Equipment and goals for one program school
- $1,100 = Game day bus transportation for students at one program school
- $1,200 = Uniforms and equipment for every participant at a program school
- $5,000 = Sponsoring one program school for a full 10 week season
Here's when and how you can help the Chicago Fire Foundation:
- Tuesday, Nov. 21-Tuesday, Nov. 28:
- For every $500 raised online by the Chicago Fire Foundation, it will be entered for a chance to win $2,500. There will be 1 winner each day for a total of 8 winners.
- Click Here to give beginning Nov. 21
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 — #GivingTuesday Bonus Challenge
- The top 3 organizations to raise the most online on #GivingTuesday will each win a cash prize (1st place: $50,000; 2nd place: $25,000; 3rd place: $10,000)
- Click Here to give on Nov. 28
- Tuesday, Dec. 26-Wednesday, Jan. 3
- Every organization that raises at least $1,000 online will be entered to win $2,500.
- Click here to give beginning Dec. 26