Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo are partnering to recognize leaders who use soccer to improve the lives of others within their community.
Now through Wednesday, June 28th, Chicagoland residents can nominate a role model from their community who is making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Social issues focusing on diversity, equality and inclusion
- Health issues affecting men, women, or children
- Community Service for a local, national or international charitable organization
One finalist will be chosen from each of the League’s 22 clubs. Each local finalist will receive:
- Two (2) tickets to an MLS game, taking place during the 2017 MLS Season
- Local recognition
- Trip for two (2) to the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target in Chicago. Trip to include:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two
- Accommodations for two nights
- One 2017 MLS All-Star Gift
- Two tickets to the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target on Wednesday, August 2 at Soldier Field
- Opportunity to participate in All-Star festivities, including the MLS WORKS All-Star Day of Service presented by Wells Fargo
- National recognition during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target
- One Wells Fargo Stagecoach Horse Award
Twenty-one finalists will receive a $1,000 donation for their selected charity.
One Grand Prize winner will be announced during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and receive a $25,000 donation for their selected charity.
The Grand Prize winner will be determined based on the voting results during a three-week contest window, Thursday, July 13th at 11:00 AM CT through Wednesday, August 2nd at 1:00 PM CT. Fans can vote online and via Twitter during the three (3) 24-hour designated periods below.
- Nominating Period: Thurs, June 8 at 11:00 AM CT – Wed, June 28 at 7 PM CT
- Voting Period: Thurs, July 13 at 11:00 AM CT – Wed, August 2 at 1:00 PM CT
- Twitter Voting: Tues, July 18 at 1:01 PM CT – Wed, July 19 at 1:00 PM CT
- Twitter Voting: Tues, July 25 at 1:01 PM CT – Wed, July 26 at 1:00 PM CT
- Twitter Voting: Tues, August 1 at 1:01 PM CT – Wed, August 2 at 1:00 PM CT
- Winner Announcement: Wed, August 2 – Grand Prize winner announced during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target