The Chicago Fire are back at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday afternoon for their penultimate home match of the 2019 MLS regular season. Head coach Veljko Paunović and the Men In Red will be looking to claim a fifth consecutive win against FC Dallas at home, and recapture the Brimstone Cup when kickoff comes your way at 2:30 p.m. CT on Univision and Twitter.
Get a glimpse at today's starting XI and bench below, presented by AT&T:
- Forward CJ Sapong is back in the starting XI after missing the Fire's last match -- a 1-1 draw against Columbus Crew SC on Aug. 31 -- with an injury. Sapong and captain Dax McCarty each get their team-leading 29th start of 2019 for the Fire today.
- Defender Francisco Calvo is back from time spent with the Costa Rica Men's National Team last weekend, and slots into the defensive back four for his 20th Fire appearance.
- After securing a point with a second half stoppage time equalizer against Crew SC last time out, midfielder Przemysław Frankowski is back in the XI looking to expand on his two goals scored in 2019.
- Midfielder Nicolás Gaitan will make his 24th appearance for the Fire (22nd start), fresh off of being revealed as the Fire's top-rated player in EA SPORTS' upcoming FIFA 20. Gaitán leads the team with 10 assists in 2019.
- Leading scorer Nemanja Nikolić makes his 93rd Fire appearance as part of today's starting lineup. Nikolić has 11 goals scored so far in 2019.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger makes his 27th start in his 27th appearance of 2019.
- Fresh out of appearing twice for Serbia during last weekend's FIFA international break, midfielder Aleksandar Katai is available off the bench for Paunović today. Midfielder Djordje Mihailović is also included in the 18-man roster after captaining the U.S. Under-23 team to a friendly win against Japan on Monday.
- Defender Jonathan Bornstein gets his seventh start for the Fire since joining the Club in late July, his 125th start in MLS play dating back to 2006.
- Kenneth Kronholm mans the net for the Fire this afternoon, making his 17th start for the Fire since meing acquired in early May.
- Midfielder/defender Diego Campos (knee) was listed as doubtful on the injury report entering the match.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available:
We're more of a Chicago P.D. kind of team if we're being honest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) September 14, 2019
How we line up for #CHIvFCD ⬇️
📻: https://t.co/Np9YZzF4E8 or 1270AM en Español#DTID pic.twitter.com/fqikoLYQvp