The Chicago Fire are on the road tonight (Saturday) for a mid-summer clash against Eastern Conference-leading Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium (6:30 PM CT, ESPN+).
In the run-up to kickoff, take a look at some of the news and notes around tonight's Chicago Fire Starting XI presented by AT&T:
- Forward CJ Sapong makes his 20th start of the season tonight in returning to his former stomping grounds. Sapong, the Fire's team-leader with nine MLS regular season goals this season, scored 36 goals over four seasons as a member of the Philadelphia Union.
- Midfielder Fabian Herbers also earns a starting nod against his former club tonight. Herbers is making his seventh consecutive start in league play for the Men In Red.
- Nemanja Nikolic tonight will make his first MLS regular season start since June 22 vs. RSL (five games). Nikolic has scored four goals and added one assist in three career regular season matches against the Union.
- After starting all 22 MLS regular season matches thus far in 2019, Dax McCarty will miss his first game of the season tonight vs. Philadelphia. Bastian Schweinsteiger will wear the captain's armband in McCarty's absence, making his 21st start of the year and 76th of his MLS regular season career.
- Defender Francisco Calvo earns his 12th start for the Fire since joining the Club in May, his 71st career regular season start in MLS.
- Homegrown rookie defender Andre Reynolds II is available for selection off the bench for the second time this season.
- The Fire have no players listed as injured heading into tonight's match. Click here for the full MLS injury report.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available: