After a three-week break from MLS regular season play, the Chicago Fire's 2019 campaign continues Saturday night with a visit from Real Salt Lake at SeatGeek Stadium. Ahead of tonight's 7 p.m. CT kickoff (ESPN+), get a look at tonight's starting XI and bench, presented by AT&T:
- Coming out of UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying with Serbia and Poland respectively, midfielders Aleksandar Katai and Przemysław Frankowski return to Paunović's matchday roster. Katai will start in midfield, while Frankowski will be available off the bench to begin the match.
- Forward Fabian Herbers makes his first regular season start for the Fire and second for the Club in all-competitions.
- Captain Dax McCarty gets his 17th start and remains the only Fire player to start every match for the Club in 2019.
- Midfielder Brandt Bronico gets his 20th career start, and third of 2019.
- Midfielder Mo Adams starts for the first time since the Fire's 1-0 defeat at New York City FC on April 24. The start marks Adams' 15th for the Fire.
- Both midfielder Nicolás Gaitán and defender Marcelo get their 10th respective starts for the Fire.
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailović (USA) and defender Francisco Calvo (Costa Rica) are unavailable for selection tonight, as their currently representing their respective national teams at the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Mihailović and the U.S. Men's National Team face Trinidad & Tobago at 7 p.m. tonight.
- Forward CJ Sapong (back) was listed as questionable, but will be available off the bench. Defender Johan Kappelhof (thigh) will miss tonight's match due to injury. Full MLS injury report available here.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below:
Let's go boys! 💪 pic.twitter.com/MGZid1P4W3— Real Salt Lake (@realsaltlake) June 22, 2019