The Chicago Fire welcome New York City FC to SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday afternoon, for a nationally-televised Eastern Conference contest broadcasting live on Univision and streaming on Twitter at 2:50 p.m. CT.
Ahead of kickoff, get a look at head coach Veljko Paunović's starting XI and bench, presented by AT&T:
- Four changes have been made to the starting lineup from last weekend's 4-1 defeat at San Jose.
- After being acquired on May 7, goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm makes his MLS debut in net for the Fire
- Defender Raheem Edwards returns from injury to make his first start of 2019. Edwards' only appearance of 2019 came against the Seattle Sounders on March 16, in which he scored a goal in a 55-minute shift off the bench.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger is back in the starting XI after serving a one-match suspension for yellow card accumulation during last weekend's defeat at San Jose.
- Dax McCarty captains the side today and makes his 14th appearance in the starting unit. McCarty is the only Fire player to start each of the Fire's matches in 2019.
- The lone Fire goal-scorer last Saturday at San Jose, Aleksandar Katai gets a starting nod in what will be his 45th appearance for the Club. Last June, Katai scored a pair of goals to lift the Fire over NYCFC 3-2 at home.
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailović returns to the starting lineup and makes his 40th appearance for the Fire.
- Nicolás Gaitán is the only Fire player on today's injury report, and is out for today's match with a thigh injury.
View the full Starting XI and bench in the graphic below: