A busy week for the Chicago Fire concludes with Saturday night's home contest against Minnesota United FC at SeatGeek Stadium (7 p.m. CT, ESPN+). Head coach Veljko Paunović and his men will be looking to make it three straight wins at home come kickoff this evening.
Get a look at how the Fire will lineup with tonight's #CHIvMIN Starting XI and bench presented by AT&T:
- The Fire will begin tonight's contest with no changes made to the starting lineup that took down the New England Revolution 5-0 on Wednesday night.
- Defender Francisco Calvo will lineup against his former team from the outset, earning his second Fire start since being acquired from Minnesota on Friday, May 3.
- After netting a brace in Wednesday night's win against New England, forward Nemanja Nikolić will lead the Fire attack looking to add to his team-leading five goals this season.
- Dax McCarty, David Ousted, and Bastian Schweinsteiger make their 12th respective appearances in Paunović's starting unit, and remain the only Fire players to start each of the Fire's matches in 2019. It will be Schweinsteiger's 65th start for the Men In Red.
- Djordje Mihailović slots into the midfield, and earns his 25th career start for the Fire.
- Forward CJ Sapong returns to the matchday 18, having missed Wednesday night's match with a thigh injury.
- 2019 newcomers Przemysław Frankowski and Nicolás Gaitán each scored their first Fire goals on Wednesday night, and return to the starting eleven to take on Minnesota.
- To view the injury report for both teams, click here.
View the full Starting XI and bench in the graphic below:
let's fight Fire with Fire... pic.twitter.com/Q2ZMldrcxg— Minnesota United FC (@MNUFC) May 11, 2019