The countdown to the 2019 Chicago Fire home opener is nearly complete, with the Men In Red set to kick off against Orlando City SC this Saturday (March 9) at 12 PM CT. With forecasted temperatures climbing this weekend, fans have every reason to be excited about their first chance of the season to see the new-look Chicago Fire on their home turf.
As with the start of any new season, fans will notice some changes to the matchday experience when they arrive on Saturday morning. So, we wanted to take the opportunity to answer the question: What’s new for your Chicago Fire matchdays in 2019?
As you’ve probably heard by now, our home venue underwent an official name change this offseason, adopting SeatGeek Stadium as its official moniker. Now the primary ticketing provider of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club.
SeatGeek is making its presence known on matchday in a variety of ways, most notably as the presenting partner of the Chicago Fire Season Ticket Holder of the Match program. Nominate your friends and family (or yourself!) to be the Season Ticket Holder of the Match presented by SeatGeek! One lucky winner will be selected each match to receive an on-field pregame experience, a prize pack courtesy of the Chicago Fire and SeatGeek, and have their photo added to Chicago-Fire.com.
Prior to actually entering SeatGeek Stadium, fans will want to make note of the following updates to the pregame experience:
- Street-Style Soccer: Now with an expanded footprint between Gates B and C, Street-Style Soccer is the perfect place for your young soccer fan to get their kicks before the game. Youth participants are invited to test themselves in a series of soccer challenges, keeping track of their scores along the way. Street-Style Soccer opens two hours prior to kickoff of each match. (Stay tuned for future information on the return of Fire Fest later in the season.)
- Pub To Pitch: The convenience of the Pub To Pitch program returns in 2019, with bus tickets from select partner pubs in Chicago available for purchase online via SeatGeek. Roundtrip Pub To Pitch tickets remain $10 for Season Ticket Holders, $15 for non-Season Ticket Holders and $20 for day-of-game walk-ups. New for 2019 is the discounted Corner Kick + Bus Ticket option available online (prices vary based on match). Fans are asked to note the latest Pub To Pitch bus schedule, which features revised routes and ridership from previous seasons. (Note: Online Pub To Pitch portals for the home opener have been closed due to limited remaining available bus tickets.)
IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
Be in the know on two exciting changes to your 2019 gameday essentials:
- Ticketback 10% Fan Shop Coupon: Be sure to locate the 10% coupon to the Chicago Fire Fan Shop on your match ticket! This coupon is available on your digital ticket or your print-at-home PDF. (Reminder: all Chicago Fire Season Ticket Holders save 20% on purchases at the Fan Shop with presentation of their Digital Discount Card, available in the SeatGeek app.)
- Matchday Rosters: The Chicago Fire matchday handout has a brand-new look-and-feel for 2019, one that will feature custom artwork from a wide range of artists and designers. Be sure to enter the stadium early to add to your collection each match — these high-quality prints will be available to the first 2,000 fans to pass through the turnstiles at SeatGeek Stadium.
Once in your seats, keep an eye out for some new sights, sounds and scenes within the stadium, including:
- Supporters Section seating: As announced last month, the Chicago Fire and Section 8 Chicago are set to stand together in 2019, partnering in a number of new ways that includes the designated supporters sections within SeatGeek Stadium: Sections 117 and 118 in the Harlem End and Section 137 behind the South goal. Day-of-game tickets and individual match tickets in these sections will only be available for purchase through Section 8 Chicago.
- Pregame Ceremonies: Prior to kickoff, listen for the musical stylings of some special guest performers who’ll be joining the Fire’s pregame ceremonies at each match. It may be a familiar sound for fans who attended Fire home matches during the 2017 season…
Of course, those are only the highlights. New and returning fans are invited to visit Chicago-Fire.com/matchday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Guest Services booth behind Section 128 on the concourse to seek answers about Chicago Fire matchday experience.
See everyone Saturday at SeatGeek Stadium!