With 20 MLS seasons behind us, the Chicago Fire Soccer Club enters the 2018 campaign prepared to honor its history and determined to chart a bold future for the next 20 years and beyond. With the help of those who'll shape what it means to wear the badge in the years ahead, the club on Tuesday (Feb. 6) unveiled a 2018 Primary Kit that bridges past, present and future generations of champions and fans alike.
Notable features of the new primary kit include:
- A custom jocktag to honor the 20th Anniversary of the Fire's inaugural 1998 team that completed the historic "Double", winning both the 1998 MLS Cup and 1998 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup championships
- Double-white bars on front of jersey, recalling the club's inaugural 1998 kits
- White numbers, names and sleeve trim
- Blue shoulder striping, matching the secondary kit
- Six-pointed red stars lifted from the Chicago municipal flag on the back neck sign-off, with the distinct second star denoting the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
- 'FIRE' emblazoned on socks in distinctive Fire font
The kit is available now at the Toyota Park Fan Shop and at ShopChicagoFire.com!
The Chicago Fire thank the athletes below for their roles in revealing the 2018 Primary Kit: