The Chicago Fire take on the Charlotte Eagles in MLS Reserve and USL PRO league action on Friday, April 25 at 6:00pm CT. Some notes heading into tonight's match:
- With the weekend off from MLS play, Frank Yallop said he planned to use a mix of first team and reserve players for Friday night’s match at Charlotte.
- First team players that won’t be available tonight include Mike Magee, Jeff Larentowicz and Sean Johnson. Yallop also said he preferred to give rest to Patrick Nyarko and Greg Cochrane who picked up minor knocks from last week’s game vs. New England.
- On the hamstring front, Yallop said that Dilly Duka continues to struggle while Alex could be in doubt to return for next week’s match vs. Real Salt Lake after suffering a tweak last Saturday vs. New England.
- On the defensive end, Yallop said this week, “I want to give Patrick Ianni a 90 minute game with Jhon [Kennedy Hurtado] and Baky [Soumare] – they’re going to split the half. I’ll give Patrick the good 90 with either guy. You never know what’s going to happen – one injury or one suspension and Patrick is in. I want to make sure he’s ready to go.
- Out with a high ankle sprain since the March 16 match at Portland, left back Gonzalo Segares trained in full this week with Yallop saying he wanted to get about 30 minutes out of the veteran Fire defender.
- Suspended for next week’s match vs. Real Salt Lake, Yallop said Quincy Amarikwa would also get a run out vs. Charlotte on Friday.
- Finally, having both played in the U.S. U-21’s 2-1 friendly win over Club Tijuana on Wednesday, Benji Joya and Victor Pineda joined the team in Charlotte and will be available for tonight’s match. Joya scored both U.S. goals in the 2-1 win.
Watch the match LIVE from UNC-Charlotte below: