Sporting KC defeated Philadelphia Union 2-1 and Toronto FC upset Montreal Impact 1-0 Saturday afternoon making the Eastern Conference playoff picture a bit more clear heading into the final day of the 2013 MLS season on Sunday.
First a look at the updated Eastern Conference standings:
The final day of Eastern Conference fixtures:
D.C. United vs. Houston Dynamo - 12:30pm CT on NBC
Columbus Crew vs. New England Revolution - 3:00pm CT on MLS Live
New York Red Bulls vs. Chicago Fire - 4:00pm CT on My50/Time Warner Sports WI/UniMas
Chicago Fire qualify for the 2013 MLS Cup playoffs if…
- Wins/draws at New York
- New England draw/loss at Columbus or Houston draw/loss at D.C.
- Score five goals in a win, loss or draw vs. Red Bull
Chicago Fire finish 3rd IF…
- Chicago win at New York
- Chicago draw at New York AND New England draws/loss at Columbus AND Houston draws/loss at D.C.
Chicago Fire finish 4th IF…
- Chicago loss at New York AND New England draw/loss at Columbus OR Houston draw/loss at D.C.
- Chicago draw at New York and New England wins at Columbus OR Houston wins at D.C.
Chicago Fire finish 5th IF…
- Chicago loss at New York AND New England win at Columbus OR Houston win at D.C.
- Chicago draw at New York AND New England win at Columbus AND Houston win at D.C.
Chicago Fire do not qualify IF…
- Chicago loss to New York AND New England win at Columbus AND Houston win at D.C.