Since fan voting for the 2013 AT&T MLS All-Star Game opened on June 10, the ballots have been flying in for the All-Star Fan XI.
Thursday, a new wrinkle will officially be added to the mix: The Twitter vote.
How does it all work? Here's what you need to know:
- Voting is open until from 11am CT Thursday, June 20 to 10:59pm CT Friday, June 21, 2013. A short window, so make sure you get as many tweets in as you can.
An eligible vote consists of the hashtag #MLSAllStar
- AND the player's full name (first and last required) with or without a space (Example: Chris Rolfe, or ChrisRolfe);
- OR their Twitter @handle (Example: @ChrisRolfe17)
- A user may vote for multiple players in a tweet; however, a user may not vote for a single player multiple times within one tweet.
- A user may only vote for players on the All-Star ballot (click here to see the full ballot).
- There is no limit to the number of tweets a user may submit for any one player. Go nuts.
- Each Twitter vote counts equal to one text vote, or one online vote.
To vote for Fire players do the following:
For Jalil Anibaba: Tweet JalilAnibaba or @NigerianFuture + #MLSAllStar
For Austin Berry: Tweet AustinBerry or @ABerr22 + #MLSAllStar
For Sean Johnson: Tweet SeanJohnson or @SJohn25 + #MLSAllStar
For Jeff Larentowicz: Tweet JeffLarentowicz + #MLSAllStar
For Mike Magee: Tweet MikeMagee + #MLSAllStar
For Patrick Nyarko: Tweet PatrickNyarko or @PattyBerron + #MLSAllStar
For Chris Rolfe: Tweet ChrisRolfe or @ChrisRolfe17 + #MLSAllStar
So that's the deal. Get your Twitter game is ready, the All-Star Fan XI depends on it.