Eighty-eight days on from ending the team's 2012 campaign, the first team opens up with its first preseason friendly Sunday afternoon against Florida Gulf Coast University in Ave Maria, Fla. Just a reminder that today's game will be live streamed here on Chicago-Fire.com beginning at 3pm CT.
Here are some game notes to hold you over until then.
Signed players available: 17
- Players missing: Sean Johnson (USMNT camp), Arne Friedrich (will join in California), Corben Bone (Atletico Madrid), Victor Pineda (meniscus recovery), Kellen Gulley and Tony Walls.
- Defender Tony Walls did not travel with the team to Ave Maria, Fla. and seems likely to be waived pending an exit physical.
- Forward Kellen Gulley is not in camp for this game.
WATCH: The Young Guns - Defenders
- Midfielder Patrick Nyarko has just done conditioning this week after the training staff decided he needed additional rest and will not appear in Sunday’s match.
- Goalkeeper Paolo Tornaghi trained for the first time on Friday after completing his recovery from offseason surgery on his right pinky finger. He is listed as questionable.
- Signed Players eligible for selection:
Goalkeepers (1): Paolo Tornaghi
Defenders (6): Jalil Anibaba, Austin Berry, Hunter Jumper, Steven Kinney, Gonzalo Segares, Michael Videira
Midfielders (6): Alex, Jeff Larentowicz, Joel Lindpere, Daniel Paladini, Logan Pause, Wells Thompson
Forwards (4): Sherjill MacDonald, Dominic Oduro, Chris Rolfe, Maicon Santos
- Orlando City midfielder Luke Boden left Fire training camp Friday night.
- With Boden’s departure, there are currently 13 unsigned players also available for selection in Sunday’s friendly. They are:
Goalkeepers (4): James Belshaw**, Ian Joyce, Alec Kann, Trialist #1
Defenders (5): Rich Balchan, John Gallagher**, Caleb Konstanski**, Rauwshan McKenzie, Eric Robertson
Midfielders (1): Yazid Atouba*
Forwards (3): Sam Archer, Colin Rolfe, Trialist #2
*- MLS SuperDraft selection, **MLS Supplemental Draft selection
- In order to allow the Fire technical staff to evaluate all players in camp and build up fitness, the teams will play three 30-minute minute periods.
- The game marks the third year in a row the Fire have played a friendly at North Park in Ave Maria, Fla., with both previous matches drawing over 1,000 fans, mostly from the club’s Florida Fire Juniors based in nearby Naples.
- Sunday’s game will stream LIVE at 3pm CT at Chicago-Fire.com/live.