The Chicago Fire close out phase two of the team’s 2012 preseason with a match vs. the San Jose Earthquakes Saturday morning at Oxnard College in Oxnard, Calif. Chicago-Fire.com will carry a live audio broadcast of the match beginning at 11:30am CT/9:30am PT.
Here is everything you need to know for Saturday’s game(s):
- The clubs will play two simultaneous games kicking off at 11:30am CT/9:30am PT with the Fire first team facing San Jose, while the Fire reserves take on the Ventura County Fusion on the adjacent field.
- Having sat out Wednesday’s 2-0 loss to Portland after re-joining the team the day before, captain Logan Pause will be available for selection on Saturday.
- One player that will be unavailable for selection on Saturday is midfielder Marco Pappa who will depart camp Friday night to join his national side in Guatemala City before los Chapines travel to Asuncion for a friendly against Paraguay next Wednesday, February 22.
- Mexican center back Rodrigo Inigo remains in camp with fellow trialists defender Ivan Guerrero and goalkeepers Alec Kann and Paolo Tornaghi.
- Brazilian attacker Alex remains on trial with the club but is unavailable for selection Saturday.
- All three of the team’s remaining unsigned draft picks striker Lucky Mkosana, defender Hunter Jumper and midfielder/defender Tony Walls remain in camp.
- The Fire enter Saturday’s match 3-1-1, while outscoring opponents 7-3.
- FIRE RESULTS: Fire 0, DC United 0 (January 29); Fire 3, Florida Gulf Coast 0 (February 1); Fire 3, Real Espana 1 (February 4); Fire 1, Chivas USA 0 (February 11), Fire 0, Portland Timbers 2 (February 15).
- San Jose comes into Saturday’s contest at 1-2-1 through four preseason matches, having scored and conceded six goals each.
- EARTHQUAKES RESULTS: Earthquakes 2; Houston Dynamo 2 (February 14); Earthquakes 2, Colorado Rapids 1 (February 10); Sporting KC 2, Earthquakes 1 (February 4); Earthquakes 1, FC Tucson 1 (February 1)
- Dominic Oduro leads the Fire with three goals in preseason. Orr Barouch has tallied two, while midfielders Marco Pappa and Daniel Paladini have single strikes to their names.
- U.S. international striker Chris Wondolowski leads the Quakes with three goals in preseason while Khari Stephenson, Rafael Baca and Anthony Ampaipitakwong all have single strikes to their names..
- Forecast for kickoff Saturday is partly sunny, 59 degrees with a 0% chance of rain during the game.
- The last time these two teams met… The Fire’s MLS Cup playoff hopes took a huge dent on September 10 as a 10thminute strike from Chris Wondolowski and a 69th minute goal from Ramiro Corrales sealed a 2-0 victory for the Quakes at Buck Shaw Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.