- Captain Logan Pause will not be playing in tonight’s match after flying home to be with his wife who gave birth to the couple’s first child Tuesday night. Pause and goalkeeper Sean Johnson, who has been granted a rest after U.S. Men’s National Team camp, will rejoin the team for Phase Two of preseason beginning February 8 in Ventura, Calif.
- The team has welcomed Greek defender Stavros Stathakis into camp for Wednesday night’s match vs. FGCU. The 24-year-old center back will return to Superliga side Skoda Xanthi on Thursday.
- Held out of Sunday's game vs. DC United, Guatemalan international Marco Pappa and Uruguayan striker Federico Puppo will be available for selection Wednesday night.
- Similar to Sunday’s match, Frank Klopas will deploy three mostly different XI’s to be changed on the half hour and hour marks.
- Signed goalkeeper Jay Nolly will once again be held out of Wednesday night’s match as the technical staff evaluates the three trialing goalkeepers in camp: Alec Kann, Paolo Tornaghi and Supplemental Draft pick Carl Woszczynski.
- SuperDraft selection Lucky Mkosana has returned to Dartmouth this week to work towards his graduation in March. The Zimbabwean striker will rejoin the team on February 10 in Ventura, Calif.
- Offseason signing Rafael Robayo continues to go through the visa process in Colombia and is unavailable for selection tonight.
- The Fire will conclude training in Ave Maria with a single session Thursday afternoon at 5:30pm ET.
Follow Wednesday night's game vs. Florida Golf Coast University via the club's exclusive home for in-game updates @ChiFireMatch beginning at 6:30 CT/7:30 PM ET.
Jeff Crandall is the Team Writer for the Chicago Fire.