MLS Cup Playoff Format
- 10 clubs will qualify for the MLS Cup Playoffs – the top five in points from each conference at the end of the regular season.
- The 4th- and 5th- place teams will play a single knockout game, the winner of which will advance to the Conference Semifinals and face the 1st-place team in the conference.
- The Conference Semifinals will be decided by a two-game, aggregate-goal format.
- The Conference Championships will be decided by a two-game, aggregate-goal format.
- MLS Cup will be hosted by the finalist that finished the regular season with the most points in the standings.