For the second straight season, the Fire and Red Bulls are going up against each other in the Designated Driver Challenge.
Two games for the price of one? Why not?
Following Sunday's first team match between the Fire and Red Bulls, the club is inviting supporters to stick around to catch the an MLS Reserve League match between the two sides.
Some things to know if you stay at Toyota Park following the first game:
- The reserve game begins 30 minutes after the end of first team game.
- Stadium re-entry will not be allowed.
- Fans that stay will be asked to move to the east side of the Toyota Park stands.
- The Stadium Club, Second Star Club and suites will close at normal times following the first game.
- As usual, alcohol sales will end at the 75th minute of the first game. There will be no sale of alcohol during the reserve match.
- Concessions behind Section 126 will remain open for the reserve game.
Don't have your tickets for Sunday? Get them here.
A nice reminder of June 29, 2012.
A lot of cool media around Section 8 Chicago's tifo from Saturday... One more piece is this movable GIF file done up by our web maestro Nick Sintich:
According to ISA Operations Chair Eric Kekeis, "Project Rise" took 70 hours spread over eight days and cost $2000 total.
Check out these two time lapse videos of the whole process from YouTube user qskapunk and be sure to donate to the Section 8 Chicago tifo drive to help fund further tifo and other supporter related activities.
Well done everyone!
The Chicago Fire Ticket Sales staff is pulling double duty today to make sure all areas of Toyota Park are safe and clear of snow ahead of Saturday night's home opener vs. New England.
In this edition of Jeff Thoughts, I capture Esteban Canales, Dave Berchem and Raul Luna having some fun at my expense...
Kudos to the Sales Staff for going the extra mile for Saturday's game:
Before settling in for the first day of MLS action on Saturday, head out to FireFest at the Illinois Youth Soccer Association's annual Expo from 9am-4pm at the Schaumburg Sports Center (1141 W. Irving Park).
The full schedule of events can be found by clicking here.