Joey Calistri, Chicago Fire First Team Player and Former Fire Juniors and Chicago Fire Academy Youth Player
Welcome to the Chicago Fire Academy New Player Home page. Being a member of the Chicago Fire Academy is a privilege, one that is earned by being considered an exceptional talent and one that is kept by being a good person. Consideration for the academy comes via a few of ways:
- A personal invitation from a Chicago Fire Academy scout;
- Complete a ‘new player’ application to be observed and/or to attend a trial (see the web form below);
- Participation in a Chicago Fire Juniors program;
- Participation in other Chicago Fire Youth Development camps and/or clinics.
Below is a New Player Application form. If you are interested in being observed by a Chicago Fire Academy Scout and/or would like to apply for a player trial please consider the following process:
- Complete the player questionnaire below.
- The Chicago Fire Academy scouting staff will review your application.
- If a player meets the criteria the scouting staff will attend a players game and/or the player will be invited to attend a Chicago Fire Academy player trial.
- Players U12 and under will participate in a trial at one of three Chicago Fire Youth Development satellite locations in Plainfield, Orland Park or Chicago.
- Players U13 and above will be invited to the Chicago Fire Academy training facility at Toyota Park (Bridgeview, Ill.)
- Regardless of the outcome of the trial, all players will receive feedback from a member of the Chicago Fire Academy Technical staff.
Chicago Fire Academy Program Details
The Chicago Fire Academy is a youth Academy program operated by Chicago Fire Soccer Club.
Games and training sessions take place at the Chicago Fire Academy Training Facility at Toyota Park (Bridgeview, Ill.)
There are six groups of players participating in the Academy program and they include U12, U13, U14, U15, U16 and U18. All teams participate in USSDA events.